Invisalign Vs. Braces – What You Should Know
Invisalign is a brace-free alternative to orthodontic treatment with braces, and it’s soaring in popularity. In this guide from the office of David Evans, DDS, we’ll discuss the benefits of this top brand of invisible aligners, and why so many patients are choosing Invisalign instead of treatment with traditional braces.
How Invisalign Works – Understanding The Basics
Invisalign is made of a thin plastic material, and the clear plastic aligners used for your treatment look similar to teeth whitening trays or retainers. These aligners are designed to apply pressure to your teeth and move them toward the proper position.
Dr. Evans will create a series of Invisalign aligners to move your teeth, and each one is usually worn for 2 weeks. You’ll wear your aligners for about 20-22 hours per day, taking them out only when you need to eat and drink or brush and floss.
What Are The Advantages Of Invisalign vs. Braces?
Invisalign has a lot of great benefits compared to traditional braces, including the following:
- It’s easier to clean your teeth with Invisalign, since you can remove your aligners to brush your teeth and to floss.
- Invisalign requires fewer dental appointments, and the check-ups are faster compared to braces, which saves you time at the dentist.
- You can eat whatever you want with no dietary restrictions, since your aligners are removable.
- Invisalign is invisible, and nobody has to know you’re correcting your bite and the position of your teeth unless you want them to know.
- You’ll enjoy a more comfortable treatment, since there are no metal components to poke or irritate your oral tissues.
- Patients of any age can get Invisalign, including kids, teenagers, and adults. It’s never too late to correct your smile and your bite!
- You’ll get a healthier bite and correct issues like crooked, crowded, and gapped teeth, providing you with more self-confidence.
Interested in Invisalign? Have Questions? Set Up An Appointment Today!
At the office of David Evans, DDS, we’re always accepting new patients in Boulder, CO. If you’re interested in the advantages of Invisalign, contact us online or give us a call at 303-442-0990. Dr. Evans can answer your questions, determine if you’re a good candidate, and help you take the next steps toward a picture-perfect smile in Boulder.