SOFT TISSUE DENTAL LASER
SOFT TISSUE LASER BENEFITS
- Many procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers eliminate the need for sutures.
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding (the laser actually promotes the clotting process).
- Infections are minimized since dental lasers sterilize the area being worked on.
- Dental Lasers allows focus of treatment and minimizing damage to surrounding tissue.
- Wounds and tissue heal faster.
The addition of Laser technology in dentistry has allowed dentists to perform a variety of soft-tissue (gum) procedures and preventive treatments. The expanded treatment capabilities, makes it easier to provide patients with better, faster and more convenient care. It also may make you feel more comfortable and less anxious during your treatments.
SOFT TISSUE LASER DENTISTRY PROCEDURES
- Crown Lengthening: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to help expose healthier tooth structure, providing a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
- Gummy Smile: A dental laser can be used to reshape gum tissue and improve the appearance of a “gummy” smile (smile showing too much of the gum and not enough of the teeth).
- Soft Tissue Folds: Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.
OTHER LASER DENTISTRY APPLICATIONS
- Benign Tumors: A dental laser may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips.
- Cold Sores: Dental lasers can reduce pain associated with cold sores and minimize healing time.
- Teeth Whitening:: Known as “power-bleaching”, a low intensity soft tissue dental laser may be used to speed up the bleaching process associated with teeth whitening.