Teeth Whitening Remedies: Find the Best Way to Whiten Teeth
There’s not much to dislike about a white smile. Having whiter teeth can boost confidence and make you feel more at ease when flashing your pearly whites. But what’s the best way to whiten teeth?
There are many people out there who have claimed to discover the best way to whiten teeth, but the truth is that there are so many options out there, it can be tough to pick just one teeth whitening remedy. We’ll explore the various teeth whitening options available today, including at-home treatments and professional solutions, to help you take your smile from dull to bright.
How to Whiten Teeth at Home
There are plenty of teeth whitening products and remedies designed for those who want to whiten their teeth from the comfort of their own home. Some at-home teeth whitening remedies include:
- Whitening toothpaste – There are countless options on the market, but the best teeth whitening toothpaste in our opinion is Supersmile’s Professional Whitening System. Unlike most other toothpastes that are touted for their whitening abilities, this complete system includes a professional whitening toothpaste and a whitening accelerator to speed up the whitening process.
- Whitening strips – Commercial whitening strips are a cost-effective option for those looking for a brighter smile. There are plenty of options on the market with varying degrees of strength, but on average it takes about seven days for results to appear. Be cautious, however, as whitening strips can cause tooth and gum sensitivity.
- Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide – Both baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can be found in commercial toothpaste products thanks to their whitening abilities. Mix one part baking soda with two parts hydrogen peroxide to create a paste, then begin brushing. Make sure to completely rinse your mouth afterward to eliminate any remaining hydrogen peroxide.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is another common household product that can safely whiten teeth. You can use it alone as an oral rinse, or combine with baking soda to create a whitening paste for your teeth.
Zoom Teeth Whitening: Professional Teeth Whitening
If you want to take your whitening abilities to the next level, professional teeth whitening is your answer. At Dr. David Evans Boulder office we offer Zoom teeth whitening, a professional teeth whitening process that gives you white teeth, fast. The process involves using a whitening gel and a powerful light to activate its whitening properties, and it takes less than an hour.
How to Prevent Stained Teeth
While being able to whiten teeth is great, it’s best to avoid consuming products that cause stained teeth in the first place. Some products that contribute to stained teeth include:
- Coffee and tea
- Cola, wine, and other sugary drinks
Making a habit of brushing and flossing your teeth while avoiding products that contribute to teeth discoloration is the best way to maintain a healthy, white smile.
If you do decide to pursue professional teeth whitening, contact us to schedule a consultation. Our Zoom teeth whitening process will have you well on your way to a whiter and brighter smile in no time.